the secret

The secret to a life beyond mediocrity begins with correct spelling...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Slowly the Fat Fades

Adam is a dweeb. I am sorry you all had to endure the previous post. Though well written and hilarious, did not make me want to get off my butt and exercise any more than I normally do. But! There is something that does motivate me.....

Two days hence, I stepped on the scale to weigh my fatness for the 5 week mark. Alas, still only 5 pounds dropped. I called in the husband reinforcement with the measuring tape. Measuring my waist revealed, since the beginning, 3 1/2 inches lost! My hips showed 3 inches lost! Really happy with those results! Although it has felt slow moving, I am excited to think about the results in the next 5 weeks!

Brief side note: one of the workouts my husband had written out for me was to run 3 miles. I was totally dreading it, but once I got out there, put on my iPod Touch and actually ran it....I wanted him to write another distance run into my workouts! I liked getting away from the screaming kids, listening to MY own music, and enjoying the time by myself. Just sayin.

Perhaps pictures next time!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome results on the inches!! I keep meaning to start tracking measurements...

    I was proud of myself yesterday because I actually ran a complete mile. I don't remember the last time I did that... maybe jr high? But I decided if I could do a triathlon then certainly I could run a mile... and I did!! In under 11 minutes too. Yay!!

    Anyway, you go girl - keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete