the secret

The secret to a life beyond mediocrity begins with correct spelling...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog Post 1 1/2

To make sure that I am updating you on the "Journey to Minimize Self Loathing", I wanted to say that, as of last Sunday, I had lost 5lbs. After AJ was born almost 6 months ago, I was a beefy 180lbs, the heaviest I have ever been. I managed to get down to 170lbs, but then the scale (I mean my body) said, "You...shall...not...pass!" Which I didn't until I stopped breastfeeding. TMI? Too bad. My body was super horomoned up and I am the type of person that holds onto the weight instead of shedding it. Hurray! Thanks genetics.

Anyway, since then I have started a modified Paleo-Zone diet. Shut up. It is real. Not only is it real, but I feel great, lost 5lbs of fattness in the first week, and it really isn't hard. Some people don't like the idea of having to measure things out or having "blocks" or...whatever. But I do. I, not so secretly enjoy the puzzle of figuring out what to eat and how much.

So I am basically eating 3 blocks of protein (usually around 3-5 oz), 2 blocks of carb (depends on the carb!) and 8 blocks of fat, 3ish times a day, with a small snack stuck in there sometimes. I get all of my carbs from fruits and veggies...minus my dear potato, corn and peas since these are complex carbs something...something...

Anyhoo, I eat meat, a lot of vegetables, a bit of fruit, a little dairy, nuts, avocado andddd baaaacooonnn. Sweet, sweet bacon. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? You're right. I will save it for another post. Fare thee well bacon, until we meet again.

I am so anxious to see the weight I have lost in 2 weeks. My "loving" husband has since hidden the scale so that I would only be able to weigh myself once a week. I can't find it anywhere. Methinks I am down to 160lbs. J , the husband, put together some Crossfit style workouts for me which I absolutely hate/love.

I will make sure to post pictures of my progress. The beginning pictures would scare the holy crap out of you since I am wearing shorts and a sports bra. Maybe easing you all in with a shirt would be kinder. Yet, I am thinking that seeing the evil that is the first picture, and then comparing it to the finished product could be inspiring.

Away I go! Until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment