the secret

The secret to a life beyond mediocrity begins with correct spelling...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog Post 1-Blogs Are Dumb

Greetings from a blog virgin.

Whoops. Not anymore.

Let me start out by saying that I think blogging is stupid. I don't understand it, but I want to. It is kind of like walking by a group of people who are all looking up at something in the sky. Instead of walking by uninterested, I must look up too. Hopefully looking up will find me watching Superman, or a rare bird, or the sun exploding and not the mundane, fly-a-way balloon or low flying helicopter.

I forget where that metaphor was going.

I mainly set up this blog to humor myself into thinking that, perhaps, people might be interested in reading what I think and, more often, what I know (Gosh-joke). I want it to be observations, sarcasm, sarcastic observations and maybe a little bit about myself. Boring ramblings aside, I do want to use this blog, also, as a written journey from being "Waddle Beef" (aka-Fat Mommy) to a weight around "Hey, that tormenting, self loathing feeling is gone".

It took me forever to come up with a name for my blog. Like, an embarrassing amount of time passed before I came up with something as menial as this. But seriously, spell check is amazing and yet, we seem to ignore this grand tool. Do not let the things that you write go unchecked! Not only spelling, but grammar and correct word usage is imperative. Imperative. Here is why: Because you look like an uneducated idiot if you are consistently spelling things wrong. (Everyone has a typo now and then, fo realz. I can get on board with that) You also look like a huge doof when you get your "theres" mixed up (and your "yours"). I looked for a chart on Google to help illustrate, but apparently none exists. Maybe if one did, we wouldn't have this American epidemic now.

My point is that your intelligence is showing when you write anything! Don't cover it up under the robe of misused "theres".

No comments:

Post a Comment